Exempt from payment of application fee are non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens:
- with a Bachelor’s degree from a Danish educational institution.
- holding a permanent residence permit in Denmark (including Greenland and the Faroe Islands).
- holding a temporary residence permit “with a view to” or “with the possibility of” permanent residency in Denmark (including Greenland and the Faroe Islands).
- who are 'permanently resident' in one of the other Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland), cf. Article 1 of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affair’s Order No 54 of 17 June 1999 between Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden regarding access to further education, provided they maintain their official residence in that country while enrolled at Aarhus University.
- has been granted a temporary residence permit cf. section 7(1) and section 8(1) of the Danish Aliens Act (convention refugees); or section 7(2) and section 8(2) (foreigners with protection status); or section 7(3) (foreigners with temporary protection status), cf. executive order no. 2021 of 24 June 2020 on funding and auditing at Danish universities, including amendments and explanatory notes.
- has been granted a temporary residence permit cf. section 9b(1) of the Danish Aliens Act (foreigners with humanitarian protection status), cf. executive order of amendment no. 231 of 3 December 2019 on funding and auditing at the universities.
- with a residence permit granted on the grounds of family reunification, cf. section 9(1) or 9c(1) of the Danish Aliens Act as a consequence of a familial relationship to a foreigner with a residence permit pursuant to section 7(1) or 7(2) or 7(3); or section 8(1) or (2), cf. executive order no. 2021 of 24 June 2020 on funding and auditing at Danish universities, including amendments and explanatory notes.
- having become EU citizens pursuant to the Executive Order on Residence in Denmark for Aliens Falling within the Rules of the European Union (EU Residence Order).
- children of workers from non-EU/EEA countries having been granted a residence permit pursuant to Section 9M (previously 9C) of the Danish Aliens Act and whose parents have been granted residence permits pursuant to Section 9A of the Danish Aliens Act.
- with a dual citizenship (EU/EEA + non EU/EEA) who decide to enter Denmark as an EU/EEA citizen (using both citizenships to enter Denmark is not possible).
- are a British citizen residing legally in Denmark according to EU law on free movement before 1 January 2021.
- are a British citizen without documented permanent residency in Denmark and submit your application(s) for admission before 1 January 2021.
Applicants with a temporary work permit in Denmark (e.g. green card) must pay application fee.
The application deadline was 15 January 2021 and the webshop is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.